Milan Fashion Week FW23 street style: relaxed luxe
The fashion industry crowd, including buyers, editors, models and
influencers, flocked to Milan mid-February for the FW23 collections.
As usual, there was as much to photograph outside the shows as there
was within. Attendees wore a variety of looks. That included outfits
that had a relaxed luxe vibe; call it the ‘Virgil Abloh’ effect.
Designers like Glenn Martens at Diesel and Kim Jones at Fendi continue
to deliver this style of dress, which combines activewear and denim,
often accessorized with designer handbags and footwear. Here are ten
great looks from the week.
1. A Diesel show attendee wore a pink hoodie, denim maxi skirt, D logo
belt and sunglasses – all from the brand.
2. Another attendee at the Diesel show wore the brand’s oversized
white sweatshirt and denim maxi skirt. She carried a ‘Cagole’ bag in
metallic and the ‘New York City’ pouch, both by Balenciaga.
3. This Diesel show attendee wore a cropped brown tee under a pink and
orange shearling jacket and over-long cargo pocket denim jeans, all by
Diesel. She carried the brand’s now famous 1DR denim shoulder bag.
4. A Fendi show attendee wore a grey mock turtleneck, silver
skirt/pant combo, pink ‘fashion show’ boots and a pink patent clutch,
all by Fendi. She completed the look with Rick Owens shield
5. At the same show, influencer Mary Leest wore a cream sleeveless
sweater tank, green silk cargo pants and carried the ‘Peekaboo’ white
bag, all by Fendi.
6. The Swedish-born, Somali model, Ikram Abdi Omar, attended the Fendi
show wearing an outfit from the brand’s ss23 collection. She paired
stone grey flares with a beige ribbed crew-neck and beige platform
slides. She carried a pale green ‘Peekaboo’ bag.
7. This MFW attendee wore a Factory Effex ‘Yamaha’ hoodie, a white
Gucci jacket with a blue tiger embellishment, frayed jeans and patent
platform shoes. She carried a graffiti handbag.
8. An attendee wore a natural cargo shirt and a beige button-through
skirt, both from Sunnei.
She accessorized with Adidas ‘forum’ low sneakers and white square sunglasses.
9. Fashion director Tiffany Hsu wore a cropped denim jacket by Kett
with a denim bralette and maxi skirt. She carried Alaia’s ‘Le Coeur’
studded leather shoulder bag.
10. This attendee wore a vintage ‘Matco tools’ jacket and a Heron
Preston turtleneck with cargo pocket pants. She accessorized with an
orange Balenciaga ‘hourglass’ bag and Tom Ford sunglasses.